Welcome to Blue Bear Network LLC
Home of DHSRP & UnnamedMC

[PD] Kanye Weast

Supporter
Modded Minecraft Whitelist
Jan 11, 2019
Texas
The current rules that DHSRP has are fine for a server that has no need for growth. The rules worked fine as strict as they were because if people didn't like it, we had more people that would stay. However with the stagnation and even loss of members for DHSRP, I think it would be imperative to the server to lax some of the rules and entice more people to stay. A couple of quick examples that will do nothing but help the server are

1. Clown RP. I get it, it can be used as a way to RDM, but in reality, why stop all clown RP? Why is the use of the ped so shunned? As long as the RP the clown is involved in is not an RDM fest, they should be allowed to wear it
2. Hitman RP. Now hear me out, no, random killings are not fun. But what if an RP happens where the person being killed gives consent? This would add tons of RP to the server and would prevent RDM
3. Tacticool. This is where people are going to start disagreeing, but whatever. Tacticool is too broad. It's not just huge vests and a juggernaut suit, it's something as simple as a hip holster. Holsters should not be barred. California is not an open carry state, so police should be enforcing that law instead of staff enforcing it as a rule.
4. Police stations. The rule is a bit hard to understand, but I believe it makes police stations a greenzone. This rule does nothing but restrict RP and deter new members from joining, and it would be for the good of the server to revise or remove the rule entirely.
5. Loitering. Loitering should be handled as a crime, not a kick or a ban
6. Value of life. This is one that is definitely going to be iffy, but I have claims to back it up. In a kidnapping scenario, it has been proven that running or fighting back is your BEST OPTION over simply complying. The odds of someone shooting you when you run away are lower than the odds that you get out alive, and fighting back gives you the chance to end the threat then and there. I understand its purpose, but it is not realistic.

As you can see, these are minor changes that will do nothing but good for the server. I could look into each individual one and point out little changes, but those aren't a big deal. I hope you consider at least one of these to be changed, as I strongly believe it will increase player count

Another thing that would improve server numbers is to overhaul VIP and MVP so regular people can use different weapons and mod their car (Just those 2 things will have a huge boost for the server), but that is a more major change that will get more major results.

John Clark

Administrator
Staff member
Server Owner
Administrator
Dec 29, 2018
1. Clown RP. I get it, it can be used as a way to RDM, but in reality, why stop all clown RP? Why is the use of the ped so shunned? As long as the RP the clown is involved in is not an RDM fest, they should be allowed to wear it
We'll amend the rules to allow this for 60 days, and we'll come back and review what happens and what the future should be.

2. Hitman RP. Now hear me out, no, random killings are not fun. But what if an RP happens where the person being killed gives consent? This would add tons of RP to the server and would prevent RDM
I'm not exactly sure how we'd word the rule to allow hitman RP, but require initiation and consent without making it wayy too strict to be counterproductive. If you'd like to experiment with how to word this, I'd be open to giving it a trial after a conversation with staff were we'd first decide if it even makes sense.

3. Tacticool. This is where people are going to start disagreeing, but whatever. Tacticool is too broad. It's not just huge vests and a juggernaut suit, it's something as simple as a hip holster. Holsters should not be barred. California is not an open carry state, so police should be enforcing that law instead of staff enforcing it as a rule.
I think we could do with some clarification on this rule. Make it specifically apply to people who:
a) Wear police uniforms
b) Wear police vests
c) Are completely ready for war
d) Wearing ridiculous outfits.

and, as far as rules go, allow the following:
a) hip holsters
b) drop-leg holsters
c) The level 1 vest (stab vest)

and clarify the penal codes to cover these. I'm not specifically sure if we'd make wearing the vests illegal, I don't think they are, but I want to double-check. I think there are specific requirements to having a vest (like not being a felon) but I'm not sure atm.

I'm going to go over the following two rules:

• 5.1 Police Stations - Entering the detention area, roof, offices, lockers, and the back of a police department is strictly prohibited to police and invited guests. Violent acts can take place here as long as you meet these requirements.
  • 5.2 Loitering around Emergency Buildings - Loitering around Police Stations, Hospitals, Gas Stations, Stores, and Mechanic shops without valid roleplay stories will result in punishment.

So the intent here is:
a) There is no green-zone rule
b) Prevent people doing burnouts infront of the station
c) Prevent people clogging up gas stations and other popular areas by just sitting there
d) Prevent people interrupting the arrest of others, by just getting involved for no reason
e) people walking into the back of police stations like they own the place
f) The constant kidnapping/jailbreaking of people inside of a police station.

We want to keep these high-traffic areas clear of people that are bored and looking for something to do. They have a specific purpose and we only want these areas used for actual RPs, not for people that are bored and want to get involved with other people's business.

If you have further questions, or think of specific ways we should clarify/amend these rules, please let me know.

6. Value of life. This is one that is definitely going to be iffy, but I have claims to back it up. In a kidnapping scenario, it has been proven that running or fighting back is your BEST OPTION over simply complying. The odds of someone shooting you when you run away are lower than the odds that you get out alive, and fighting back gives you the chance to end the threat then and there. I understand its purpose, but it is not realistic.
I understand the specific scenario you mentioned, however, that is usually not the case. Typically, without this rule, players will simply pull out a gun, while facing away and having a shotgun pointed at them, and then shoot the hostage taker. This ends RPs within 30 seconds and leaves a salty taste in the mouths of players.

I will speak with the staff team, to make sure this rule is enforced how it's intended:

a) You can fight back against captors
b) If you are at a clear, and I mean very clear, disadvantage, you should comply.

Lets be honest, if you have a shotgun to the back of your head, you aren't going to draw your weapon, turn around, and shoot them. Atleast, not at that specific moment. The smart thing to do, would be to wait until you have an advantage. In the scenario I just mentioned, you would, IRL, be domed. However, due to ping, the hostage can get an advantage on the hostage taker that is unfair.

Please let me know if you need any clarification, or want changes made to what I posted.

N. Shane

Aug 29, 2019
Pennsylvania, United States
The current rules that DHSRP has are fine for a server that has no need for growth. The rules worked fine as strict as they were because if people didn't like it, we had more people that would stay. However with the stagnation and even loss of members for DHSRP, I think it would be imperative to the server to lax some of the rules and entice more people to stay. A couple of quick examples that will do nothing but help the server are

4. Police stations. The rule is a bit hard to understand, but I believe it makes police stations a greenzone. This rule does nothing but restrict RP and deter new members from joining, and it would be for the good of the server to revise or remove the rule entirely.
5. Loitering. Loitering should be handled as a crime, not a kick or a ban

As you can see, these are minor changes that will do nothing but good for the server. I could look into each individual one and point out little changes, but those aren't a big deal. I hope you consider at least one of these to be changed, as I strongly believe it will increase player count

Another thing that would improve server numbers is to overhaul VIP and MVP so regular people can use different weapons and mod their car (Just those 2 things will have a huge boost for the server), but that is a more major change that will get more major results.
I feel great to have somebody with the guts to speak out their opinions like this. I agree with absolutely everything said here.

N. Shane

Aug 29, 2019
Another rule I would prefer to be altered is the horn spam rule. Some people have de-sync glitches where their horns hold on in everybody else's client but not their own. I feel like it's a fairly odd rule anyway. Like Kanye said with the loitering, unnecessary use of horn should be a traffic violation, not a staff situation that involves discipline simply over a horn being blown excessively.

Reactions: BacBacBacBac

BacBacBacBac

Mar 13, 2020
Texas
Another rule I would prefer to be altered is the horn spam rule. Some people have de-sync glitches where their horns hold on in everybody else's client but not their own. I feel like it's a fairly odd rule anyway. Like Kanye said with the loitering, unnecessary use of horn should be a traffic violation, not a staff situation that involves discipline simply over a horn being blown excessively.
I must agree with a wise man, as to make it a violation and not something staff handle.

John Clark

Administrator
Staff member
Server Owner
Administrator
Dec 29, 2018
It's just annoying as [email protected]*%

NakTarIna

California Highway Patrol
May 12, 2020
Israel
It's just annoying as [email protected]*%
It's a violation in the penal codes so why not giving someone a ticket for that,I can see them getting really annoyed when they need to wait thr time in the traffic stop or in a 10'80 that in the end they either die and need to wait the time or getting arrested and need to wait time in jail and station

Terrance

Staff member
Los Angeles Sheriffs Office Recruitment Team
Administrator
Supporter
Los Angeles County Sheriffs Office
Feb 19, 2019
Utah
because them getting a ticket isnt a punishment, this isnt an ESX server so they dont lose any money, the only way to make people not do it all the time is to make it a rule that we can enforce.

NakTarIna

May 12, 2020
Israel
because them getting a ticket isnt a punishment, this isnt an ESX server so they dont lose any money, the only way to make people not do it all the time is to make it a rule that we can enforce.
I Never said that the ticket will be a thing, it's the time they need to wait

N. Shane

Aug 29, 2019
The problem I have with that statement, this would partially imply that any traffic violation is a staff issue. I don't see staff issues over somebody failing to yield, or speeding 60 in a 35. Yes, it's annoying, but to escalate it to a staff situation over a slight inconvenience is quite unnecessary in my point of view. All of the traffic violations I just mentioned share the common traits as to why you disagreed with my suggestions. They're all annoying, arrogant, and reckless actions. But the only difference made is:
1. More noise pollution is made
2. It's made a staff situation

And the noise pollution trait is probably most definitely the reason for the staff situation. Things like this remind me of the "Impersonation of a government employee" penal code. If it's against the rules, why is it a penal code? This rule also prevents realistic crash effects such as somebody smashing their head on the horn and going unconscious, like what happens in real life. No disrespect was intended in this ridiculously long response, just my honest opinion that I hope you understand.

NOTE: If this looks like a rushed five minute response, that's because it kind of was.

Reactions: John Clark

Garrettt

May 19, 2020
Your mums sex dungeon
We'll amend the rules to allow this for 60 days, and we'll come back and review what happens and what the future should be.

I'm not exactly sure how we'd word the rule to allow hitman RP, but require initiation and consent without making it wayy too strict to be counterproductive. If you'd like to experiment with how to word this, I'd be open to giving it a trial after a conversation with staff were we'd first decide if it even makes sense.

I think we could do with some clarification on this rule. Make it specifically apply to people who:
a) Wear police uniforms
b) Wear police vests
c) Are completely ready for war
d) Wearing ridiculous outfits.

and, as far as rules go, allow the following:
a) hip holsters
b) drop-leg holsters
c) The level 1 vest (stab vest)

and clarify the penal codes to cover these. I'm not specifically sure if we'd make wearing the vests illegal, I don't think they are, but I want to double-check. I think there are specific requirements to having a vest (like not being a felon) but I'm not sure atm.

I'm going to go over the following two rules:

• 5.1 Police Stations - Entering the detention area, roof, offices, lockers, and the back of a police department is strictly prohibited to police and invited guests. Violent acts can take place here as long as you meet these requirements.
  • 5.2 Loitering around Emergency Buildings - Loitering around Police Stations, Hospitals, Gas Stations, Stores, and Mechanic shops without valid roleplay stories will result in punishment.

So the intent here is:
a) There is no green-zone rule
b) Prevent people doing burnouts infront of the station
c) Prevent people clogging up gas stations and other popular areas by just sitting there
d) Prevent people interrupting the arrest of others, by just getting involved for no reason
e) people walking into the back of police stations like they own the place
f) The constant kidnapping/jailbreaking of people inside of a police station.

We want to keep these high-traffic areas clear of people that are bored and looking for something to do. They have a specific purpose and we only want these areas used for actual RPs, not for people that are bored and want to get involved with other people's business.

If you have further questions, or think of specific ways we should clarify/amend these rules, please let me know.

I understand the specific scenario you mentioned, however, that is usually not the case. Typically, without this rule, players will simply pull out a gun, while facing away and having a shotgun pointed at them, and then shoot the hostage taker. This ends RPs within 30 seconds and leaves a salty taste in the mouths of players.

I will speak with the staff team, to make sure this rule is enforced how it's intended:

a) You can fight back against captors
b) If you are at a clear, and I mean very clear, disadvantage, you should comply.

Lets be honest, if you have a shotgun to the back of your head, you aren't going to draw your weapon, turn around, and shoot them. Atleast, not at that specific moment. The smart thing to do, would be to wait until you have an advantage. In the scenario I just mentioned, you would, IRL, be domed. However, due to ping, the hostage can get an advantage on the hostage taker that is unfair.

Please let me know if you need any clarification, or want changes made to what I posted.
I agree, if you have an advantage over the robber/hostage taker, such as they turn their back or get distracted you should be allowed to run/ fight back or draw a weapon, but i can see how it would get iffy

Terrance

Staff member
Los Angeles Sheriffs Office Recruitment Team
Administrator
Supporter
Feb 19, 2019
Utah
The difference between someone speeding and someone horn spamming is that horn spam interrupts people talking, therefore interrupting RP, and getting a ticket wont stop them from doing it literally all the time, and youre right, noise pollution is the reason that it becomes a staff issue, because its annoying and disruptive.

"smashing their head on the horn and going unconscious, like what happens in real life" You seem to have mistaken movies for real life, and if this were to be done properly in game it wouldnt be a problem if done somewhere other than outside a building being used or another traffic stop, I think it would be a great way to make it known that there has been a crash. The horn spam comes when it interrupts others or is done because 'the cop was taking too long' (none of these kids have ever been pulled over because IRL traffic stops take way longer than the ones in game).

This rule is also only ever really enforced when they are doing it disruptively and usually only when it is interrupting another staff situation.

I'd also like to point out that at this point you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to complain about. In the last 3 months, horn spam has resulted in only 2 official warnings and 1 chat warning. It was made a rule because at 1 point it came to a point where it was being done all the time and a stop had to be made, thats why we have all our rules, something gets so annoying to the point were people complain and it is made into a rule, the problem now is you've run out of things to complain about.

Garrettt

May 19, 2020
Your mums sex dungeon
The problem I have with that statement, this would partially imply that any traffic violation is a staff issue. I don't see staff issues over somebody failing to yield, or speeding 60 in a 35. Yes, it's annoying, but to escalate it to a staff situation over a slight inconvenience is quite unnecessary in my point of view. All of the traffic violations I just mentioned share the common traits as to why you disagreed with my suggestions. They're all annoying, arrogant, and reckless actions. But the only difference made is:
1. More noise pollution is made
2. It's made a staff situation

And the noise pollution trait is probably most definitely the reason for the staff situation. Things like this remind me of the "Impersonation of a government employee" penal code. If it's against the rules, why is it a penal code? This rule also prevents realistic crash effects such as somebody smashing their head on the horn and going unconscious, like what happens in real life. No disrespect was intended in this ridiculously long response, just my honest opinion that I hope you understand.

NOTE: If this looks like a rushed five minute response, that's because it kind of was.
I think the line between GTA driving and reckless driving needs to be more clear. 1. Are you driving like an asshole? Yes- Is it for a reason? Chase, RP etc, or just general bad driving then its fine, let the cops handle it. Are you doing barrel rolls and ramming people and crashing into things for no good reason- thats GTA driving. I think any speed youre going, as lo.ng as its not unrealistic 160+ (most car5s cant do that) as long as youre following the rules of the road to an extent (lanes and shit) it should be counted as reckless instead of GAT driving

NakTarIna

May 12, 2020
Israel
Since that post everyone not scared anymore to say their opinions about server rules