Welcome to Blue Bear Network LLC
Home of DHSRP & UnnamedMC

Garrettt

Los Angeles County Sheriffs Office
May 19, 2020
Your mums sex dungeon
Tasers are used way too much, way too often, and can completely ruin an RP. Tasers IRL don't always work, aren't effective, and aren't used as much.

I have seen too many CO's tase someone who is either holding a gun or actively shooting. It is so unrealistic as anyone with any kind of knowledge would use a lethal weapon against a lethal weapon. They do this because the taser in game is 100% effective, and easy to use. It's borderline power gaming as no one will RP a taser not working, or reloading one.

There is also no real way to RP a struggle or fight, meaning once the taser is used, the RP is over, no more fighting or wrestling on the ground. The F5 menu is instant and there is no way to try to fight during an RP.

There needs to be a rule about cuffing right after tasing, reusing a taser more than 2 times, or using them in an unrealistic way or some kind of mod changing how often a taser works.

If anyone doesn't know, check out this video, it shows why tasers don't always work.

M.Barnett

Los Angeles Police Department
May 17, 2020
There is a realistic taser mod which i will link tomorrow cos im in bed but it has 2 shots and you have to reload with a command in chat, you can re arm barbs if they are in someone and you can tap tase, and you can re arm each barb so if you have 2 suspects and hit them both you can keep them down until backup arrives, its actually really good and works well. Really would be great to see in game tbh.

M.Barnett

May 17, 2020
Although i dont see issues to the extent that Garret said i thought this script would be cool

NakTarIna

California Highway Patrol
May 12, 2020
Israel
I like the idea but I saw some of those scripts,they broken and annoying because sometimes they come with their own sound which make your game so much annoying especially if you have custom sounds

Loop

Jun 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
The issue is that it may be too complex for brand new players or causal players. I think tazers are fine, limited range, take time to reload and don’t really do actual damage to someone if you hit them. I think it’s more of a trade off for it to be good when COs can’t use ARs, they get a good tazer then can use and not kill someone with. This is why the tazer is limited to LEOs because of Its power

M.Barnett

May 17, 2020
yeah makes sense, nice idea to possibly look into tho

Jack Carlos

Los Angeles County Sheriffs Office
May 15, 2020
Pluto
What would be good is a script that make it where tasers have a 10% chance of failing but Idk if that's a thing